History department sponsors trivia night

Faculty+and+student+trivia+members+celebrate+their+victory.+Students+on+the+winning+team+were+juniors+Alex+White%2C+Meredith+Booth+and+Fletcher+Casey+and+senior+Abby+Haywood.+Mike+Phelan%2C+Pat+Holland+and+Stephen+Nichols+represented+the+MHS+faculty.+

Faculty and student trivia members celebrate their victory. Students on the winning team were juniors Alex White, Meredith Booth and Fletcher Casey and senior Abby Haywood. Mike Phelan, Pat Holland and Stephen Nichols represented the MHS faculty.

Students and faculty interested in history gathered in the media center for a trivia night April 29.

Nine student teams and one teacher team competed. The competition used the popular website Kahoot! and a bracket system. All team numbers were entered into a hat and drawn to determine seeds initially. Questions were projected onto the board and teams needed to react quickly and correctly to stay in the game. The last standing student team included  juniors Alex White, Meredith Booth and Fletcher Casey and senior Abby Haywood. These four students faced off against the teacher team, which was comprised of Mike Phelan, Pat Holland and Stephen Nichols. The student and teacher team went through three rounds, with the teachers winning each time.

“It was a great success. The kids seemed to really enjoy Kahoot and the friendly competitive environment,” history teacher Connie Yaccarino said.